Monday, March 06, 2006

A Bagful of Sharon Vicor Goodies

Eversince Vicor Records re-issued the earlier Sharon Cuneta albums, I've been longing to have them! Of course, apart from being a Madonna fanatic, I am a Sharonian, too! Seeing that the said earlier albums that are remastered to CDs seemed to be running out of stock in different stores, I decided to take my butt off to the nearest mall and buy all the albums I could find! Luckily, I was able to find most of them. And fortunately, they are cost-friendly! Hehehe...

Most of the following titles came out when I don't have much appreciation for music yet. So I don't know much of the songs. However, I get to listen to them later on in my life. And I loved most of them! (My first recollection of the albums I got addicted to were Madonna's Like A Virgin and Lea Salonga's I Am But A Small Voice in 1984. So yeah, I adore Lea, as well)





The next three are considered to be Sharon's "musical trilogy"


This is the newly-released 40th Anniversary of Vicor edition that I never knew existed till I saw them online. It includes some rare tracks like "Nakagapos Na Puso", "Dear Heart" 2 versions, "Pati Ba Pintig Ng Puso", "Kailan Sasabihing Mahal Kita", and some unreleased duets with Gabby and Rowell. It seems that this one a combination of the Best Of series found below.

These two, I bought ahead of the Vicor series. They are from Viva. They are also rarely seen on stores these days especially Ikaw At Ako!


The Audio-Visual Anthology includes music videos of different Sharon movies. This one has the re-worked "Kumusta Ka" which Sharon sung solo for FPJ

Being an OC like myself, I've already uploaded the songs in my PC so that I need not open the CDs whenever I like to listen to them. In that way, I'll avoid scratching them or ruining the covers! Damn! If I had a way to get the songs without opening the CDs, I would! That's what you call OA sa pagka-OC! Hahaha!

I have these two on cassettes (but I have no idea where they are now). Although the 40th Anniversary of Vicor CD is already a combination of these two, it'd be nice to have them. They bring back good childhood memories since my mom bought them for me along with the P.S. I Love You tape back in '87-'88. However, itd be impossible now unless someone who have them would sell them to me.


The two Sharon CDs that are really hard to find are For Broken Hearts Only (my most favorite Sharon album!) & Movie Theme Songs. They are already out of stock here and is ONLY available through Regal Films store in California! Ordering from them and shipping here would cost a whooping $67! Way way much higher than the cost of the CD! Ryan (a fellow Madonna & Sharon fan) and I's only hope is his friend who is in California now...

No comments: