Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hooked

Because of the bad weather these days, classes are often suspended. I guess, it's one of the perks of being a teacher especially if you're one of those who really bust their asses off in school! To pass away the time, I decided to catch up on my Grey's Anatomy Season 2. I have downloaded the whole season a few months back. I couldn't wait any longer. But I wasn't able to watch them all because my external hard drive got busted. Fortunately, Ghil has a copy so I borrowed it.

From the moment I saw the first episode, I got addicted! Season 1 was not that inviting for me although I liked it. I just feel that there could be more to it. I can't help comparing it to ER which got me hooked from the beginning. (Oh my! It is still on US TV! I wasn't able to follow it anymore a few seasons after George Clooney left.) But man, Season 2 really picked up from where it left off plus more! The first season was more of an introduction of the characters with only 9 episodes to its credit. The second one finally takes its audience on an emotional ride with the events in the main characters' lives and some of their patients. I began to have the ER feeling all over again. It made me miss that show so much that I decided to buy the series on (original) DVD once I have the money.

When I saw Episode 3, I knew that I have fallen in love with GA! OMG! Never have I seen such an emotionally-charged episode in any series that I have seen where all the characters exeperienced an emotional battle! One climactic scene after another! What a great writing! You have to see it to know what I am saying. Then, there's a 2-part bomb episode (16, 17), shooting incident involving one of the doctors (25), and that cliffhanger where Meredith gets to decide between McDreamy and McVet (27)! I'd definitely get Season 2 Uncut on DVD!

OK. Because GA was so last week and I was done with the last few episodes of Lost Season 2 (Shit! Where the heck are they, anyway?! Who the eff is Henry Gayle?!), let's go to the next: Prison Break! Courtesy of Ghil again, this show will get your adrenaline all pumped-up! Not just because of Wentworth Miller (Oh baby baby, we belong together!) but because of the thrills it has to offer! It is about Michael Scofield who made sure he'd be imprisoned just to get his brother, Lincoln Burrows, out of prison. Lincoln is about to be executed in a month. Michael has planned it all (even tattooed the prison's blue print on his body) but didn't think about the screw-ups he may meet inside the prison bars. Aside from that, he didn't realize that he is dealing with a higher power outside the jail.

These shows are my band-aids for missing my one true love, my TV bible: Sex and the City!

Speaking of missing old TV shows, ABC is reinventing (or should I say adapting) one of my favorite Spanish telenovela Betty La Fea via Ugly Betty! Yehey! It stars America Ferrera of "Real Women Have Curves" and "The Sisterhood of Travelling Pants". This is something I'd truly watch out for!

1 comment:

sineasta said...

ako rin, nasira 'yung external hard drive ko with all grey's 2 in it! anyway, let's buy the uncut version na lang pag na-release na! ;-) i suggest, watch ER, too: seasons 1-6, i think. basta two or more seasons pa after george clooney left. sobrang galing din!