Thursday, September 14, 2006

Yahoo!'s Bullsh*t!

"This Yahoo! Account Has Been Deactivated" was the message I got when I asked for my password a few minutes ago. I couldn't log-in hence the need to do such. Wtf was that?! I got all confused especially that I just checked my messages earlier today and was able to send out messages to e-groups. How could this have happened? When you try searching for an answer on their database, you wouldn't get any!

So I tried searching the net using the words "Yahoo!" and "deactivated". You'd get a lot of pages indicating such words. Apparently, Yahoo! has been doing this act for quite some time now. They could just easily delete your account anytime they want to without any reason at all. Power tripping, I guess. Or just random selection of their database. Unlucky me, I became the target!

A quote from their Terms of Service
says, "Yahoo! reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Yahoo! shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service..."

"... You agree that Yahoo! may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your Yahoo! account, any associated email address, and access to the Service."

Fuck fuck fuck! It wasn't the e-mail address per se which was my main concern. What I lost were my contacts, my e-groups memberhips, some personal mails in the said address, etc. What pisses me off further is that once you sign-up again using your old ID, it'd be unavailable! Huh?! If it is unavailable, who uses it now? If it's still yours, where is it now? I had it for eight years and it suddenly disappears!

As if I don't have enough worries and this happens! So beware! Don't store anything valuable on your e-mail or use their service such as Flickr or Y! Photos. Once you get deactivated, you could never retreive them all!


Read more about this:
Yahoo Hates You
!
Yahoo deactivates acounts without warning


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

badtrip nga yon. mag-gmail ka.