Thursday, March 06, 2008

Masakit Sa Dibdib

Yet another lost again. Sobrang sakit sa dibdib knowing that, again, I lost by a dollar. By mere few seconds on the clock, someone outbid me. I have lost the item that got me into eBay in the first place.

I was ahead of my game since last night. After I lost my "first battle
," I have read some techniques on how to win the bidding war. Fortunately, it worked. Until the very last minute, I was on top of my game. Every click of a button, I was a winner. It was truly heart pounding. Nakikisabay ang tibok ng puso ko sa pag-tic tac ng orasan. Until the last few seconds came and someone outbid me by a dollar! When I was about to retaliate, it ended! I lost. "Sorry, you were outbid," so the message says. Record: Didn't win (2). It just reminds you that until you don't have the item with you yet, you haven't "won" anything.

Hay! Di ko 'ata carry 'to. Di ko 'ata kakayanin ang ganitong pressure. Dog eats dog talaga ng online world ang labanan. Magkakasakit ako sa puso if I keep this up. Ang mahirap pa nito, di mo nakikita ang kalaban mo. You don't know what tricks he would pull at the last second. I guess, I haven't mastered the technique of winning the war. But I'm not sure if I'd still pursue it kahit maraming item pa ang nasa watch list ko. More than the disappointment of losing, the anticipation of winning builds up. Kailangang lagi kang tutok sa prize. Kasehodang wala kang tulog! Fight lang ng fight!
(Pero di bale sana kung libre 'yun prize, eh. Kaso gagastusan mo rin, eh.)

But I am not a gambler (uy, a Madonna song!) neither a risk taker. May pagka-segurista ako. It might not be that good but it isn't that bad either. I just pick which battles to fight. Hindi ako basta-basta sumusugod. If I feel that it is out of my league, deadma na. Anyway, kung destined naman siya mapasakin, mapupunta pa rin siya sa 'kin.

Ay naku, mahirap talaga maging bagito sa ganitong labanan!

P.S.
OK lang ako! I'd survive! ;-)

No comments: