Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Such a Loser I Am

OK, I admit it. I am a virgin! An eBay virgin, that is! I am a newbie when it comes to searching items from it and especially in bidding for items that I find desirable.

OK, let's go back tracking for awhile and see where it all started.

Of course, I am aware of what eBay is all about and what it has to offer. But it isn't my thing. Bidding for an item ala auction isn't something for me since I don't have enough cash to deal with it. Besides, I'd rather buy something at a specific amount which I know I can afford rather than bidding for it until it reaches a pricey tag. Parang ikaw na mismo naglagay ng sarili mo nu'n sa kamunoy.

I was looking for Madonna's Who's That Girl Tour, Japan in laserdisc on the net when I stumbled upon it on eBay. Du'n lang siya available and since OK pa naman ang price niya (it isn't that much actually), so I decided to wait on it. I haven't bid on it yet kasi ayokong tumaas ang presyo niya. Isa pa lang ang bidder nu'n kaya carry pa. Until two other bidders made their way on it. Sige, carry pa. Di pa naman kataasan ang presyo, eh. As of this writing, it's still on my waiting list (with 7 hours to go on the dot). I'm thinking that I'd just bid on it a few minutes before it ends. That would be my strategy.

As I go through the site, I have found a collectible mug - Breathless Mahoney mug from Dick Tracy. $0.99 pa lang ang nag-iisang bid. With a $4.99 shipping free in the US, carry pa rin. Mura na siya for a collectible even if you convert it to peso. A few minutes before the clock ends, I made a bid. I was outbid. Then I made another bid, outbid again. There was excitement all over the place. I need to get my way through. Even Biboy who was at my side got the thrill of it. Another bid and I lost again. Nakaka-stress siya! 19 seconds into the clock with my $5 bid, I lost once more. I had to give up. I do not want to reach an amount where I'd regretted it. As the time ends, I realized that the last bid was indeed $5. (The bidder had already beat me to it even before I made it.) If I had add another dollar to it, I might've won! Pucha! I was PhP40 away to having that friggin' mug!

So, 'yun! I lost. It was pretty disappointing actually. I have never expected such a feeling but I guess, that is what makes eBay addicting. There's a certain nagging feeling of the need to "win." To add more insult to the injury, eBay will send you an e-mail reminding that "you didn't win." As if that's not enough, it'd go in your eBay record: Didn't Win (1). Ano ito, boxing?! So habang dumadami ang bilang ng pagkabutata mo, ganu'n din ang pagpapaalala sa 'yo na isa kang talunan? Hey, baka pwede ka pa maitanghal na Hall of Famer sa pagiging loser. Ay putek! Di ko pinangarap ito.

Anyway, I wouldn't want this to turn into a habit. Yeah, I still have other items that I'm looking out for but again, pag out of budget, deadma na. Di ko carry na makipagtagisan ng kayamanan sa mga taong maraming kaban ng pera dahil wala ako nu'n. I'm just here for the love of collecting Madonna rare items. Pero kung tipong out of reach naman siya, deadma na. I'll live. It would suck big time, yeah, but I'll manage.

Eto lang masasabi ko sa nag-outbid at mag-a-outbid sa 'kin: @#*& you all!

No comments: