Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Buhaying Muli

Recently, I have acquired some old OPMs that I grew up listening to. Kaya naman "jologs to the max" ang naging playlist ko. Pero care ko! These were the songs that I fell in love with and helped me go through my adolescent phase. When I get to listen to some of them, may kirot sa puso bigla. I don't remember the reason for the said feeling pero andun 'yung tinge of pain, happiness, sadness, or whatever it is. It is the opposite of what Joey Albert used to sing, "I remember the feeling but not the reason behind it." Magkagayon man, masayang balik-balikan ang nakaraan dahil alam mong, kahit pa masakit ang pinagdaanan mo, it is something safe and secure. Nalampasan mo, eh. Unlike the present and the future that seem uncertain and unclear. Hay, ganyan talaga when you get to reach a certain age in your life. You can't help but reminisce the old days.

Anyway, because I can't find some memorable songs on the net that I have on cassettes, I'd rather convert them myself into digital recording. Hindi na rin naman sila kasi mabibili sa market. Saka kaysa naman mabulok lang sila sa box, buti pang mapakinabangan ko muna sila. Buti na lang na we still have a working cassette player. Medyo palyado na ang mga buttons dahil hindi na nila ginagampanan ang dapat ay trabaho nila: play button stops, stop button plays, etc. Hi-tech, di ba? Ngayon ay kailangan ko na lang halungkatin ang mga box para makahanap ng tapes na pwedeng i-convert. Then, I need to buy a stereo audio cable that would be connected to the player onto my PC. Finally, I have to get the needed softwares for conversion. Tapos, enjoy to death na lang ako sa pakikinig! Mabubuhay muli ang ibang albums ni Manilyn (I got the first three already!), first album ever ni Janno sa Viva Records, Elvis and James OST, Keempee's only album, some Sharon songs not available on the market, amongst others. Grabe! Excited na ko! Sana lang ay magawa ko nga ng walang hassle.

Putek! I have so many things that I want to do at di ko alam kung alin ang sisimulan. Gusto ko ring mag-Korean-movie marathon (just bought 18 titles recently!). Wish ko lang magawa ko lahat kahit andyan ang pending character biography and back story ng storyline ko na hindi ko matapos-tapos.

P.S. If you want to know what's in my playlist and acquire some rare songs, just visit my Multiply site. To be able to download them, you need to have a Multiply account that you update once in a while and be part of my contact group.

No comments: