Monday, April 04, 2005

The Morbidity in Being 28

I'd like to post this message here that was written by a MadonnaManiax Friendster member named Francis:

Subject: Life is Too Short to be Bitter, and I'm Too Short to be Bitter
Message: 1. being 28, i realized that it is at this age range that our parents manifest their diseases, or worse, pass away. it's understandable. during this time our parents are in their 50's and 60s. so what do you expect? just recently a friend's step dad just passed away.

2. most of our cases of malignant lesion or cardiovascular disorders in both sexes manifest in these age groups. so, if i am 28 now, i have approximately 20 more years to enjoy my life before signs of impending doom begin to appear.

3. a friend once told me that the face of a person is stable from age 30 to 40 years, then it starts to wear off thereafter. so i have approximately 12 more years to enjoy my face before wrinkles increase in number and before my cheeks sag to the floor.

4. who would know? by age 50 you could have a colostomy bag hanging on your belly, an amputated diabetic foot, a paralyzed left half of the body, urinary symptoms secondary to prostatic hypertrophy, or myocardial infaction warranting by-pass surgery. so you might as well save for possible medical expenses when that time of morbidity comes.

just a few morbid thoughts. i can't help it. life is short. so enjoy life.

-- end --

Fortunately, I don't think that way. Yet. I'm still struggling with the career issue so I'll deal with those once it's over.

P.S. Francis is a doctor, ergo, the medical terms. :-)