Friday, April 22, 2005

Richie Rich

I'm no Richie Rich and I never have been nor projected that I am! So I'm quite overwhelmed when people say, "Mayaman naman kayo", or "Dami-dami n'yo namang pera, e." I don't know why friends, relatives, colleagues, or even acquaintances have thought that way about me. Heck, even people I have just met assume that I have lots of money! Why oh why? What have I exactly done to make them think that way. Never did I say that we're rich because we're not. Never did I show them how we live extravagantly because we don't. Never did I dress or look out of the ordinary, as well. So where the heck did they get the idea? Is it because mom works abroad? Well, what's so special about it? Mom still works hard like the rest of us and she is not sitting on a pile of money in Oman! Whatever we have attained in life, pinaghirapan namin 'yun! It may sound such a cliche but we really have invested "blood, sweat, and tears" for the things we have acquired before and today. We weren't born with a golden spoon. We don't have a bag with endless amount of money so nauubusan din kami! May mga araw din tulad ngayon kung saan di namin alam kung saan hahagilap ng pera para sa mga gastusin araw-araw. Nangungutang din kami sa mga kakilala para lang mabayaran ang mga bayarin.

I hope that people would erase that thought in their minds. Di kami mayaman pero di rin naman kami naghihikahos sa buhay. I'm just glad and grateful that whenever we reach a needing times, may mapagkukuhanan kami o mahihingan ng tulong...