Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I Confess

I confess. I didn't have any intentions of going to the Madonna Album Launch Party at Club Government last November 11. I wasn't really much of a club-goer and for sure, finding friends to come with me would be such a drag since they are not Madonna devotees. However, the moment Ian (aka Leon) texted me the message that Madonna would be giving a message to Pinoy fans directly from New York, I had a change of mind. Hey, hearing Madonna speak to *us* would be awesome! So after a few hours, I found myself asking friends to go the party. Of course, THE message was my main selling point! I felt that it did excite most of them but in the end, only three could make it (apart from Biboy who is already a given company of mine - whether he likes it or not!): Imee (Biboy's sister), Charm (Imee's friend), and Joanne (my college friend).

I confess. I couldn't help feel disappointed whenever bad things happen to the events I planned. I know that there's no such thing as a perfect event but at least, there's something almost perfect, right? Last February (mine and Babe's birthday celebrations), the barkada ate at Tia Maria's Tomas Morato. The meal and the service was such a disappointment that we didn't enjoy it at all. This time, before going to Club Government, we ate at Chef Donatello in Megamall. Unexpectedly, the meal was not as good as I thought it would be. I almost choked in eating the white-sauced spaghetti that Biboy had ordered for me because of its texture. Imee and Charm lost their appetites eating the blandly-tasting baked macaroni. While, Joanne wasn't able to finish her seafood pesto pasta (even though it was good) because of its amount.

I confess. As if the dinner incident wasn't enough, we lost our way going to Club Government! When we got there, we were shocked to find that the place was tableless and chairless! After the almost 30-minute long walking that we did to find CG, sitting comfortably in a chair would be the best thing that could happen afterwards. But no! We had to stand in front of the bar while waiting for the "show". The whole set-up of the place was no biggie for me. I feel bad, though, for the rest of the group who might've expected something comfy, especially for Joanne who just wanted to sit, relax, and puff the night away.

I confess. The so-called-message was a bull! It was a generic party message: "Hey, boys! I'm watching you!" Huwattt???! Matawa-tawa na lang ako matapos kong marinig 'yun. But inside, I felt so embarassed having to drag my friends in the club just to hear her say those words! To appease them, I just asked them to leave (kasama ako, sympre!).

I confess. The experience wasn't so bad as it may sound. If only I am with Than-than or a group of Madonna suckers, I could've stayed long. I might even dance the night away! Even Mother Henry's (of CG) hosting was good. It was also nice meeting a fellow Maddie fan whom I'm conversing with through YM every now and then. However, my concern is the people I'm with. I couldn't have them stay an hour or two more when I felt that they don't have any plans of dancing at all.

I confess. Even if the experience turned out the way it did, t'was okay for me. I'd know what to do now next time. All for the love of Madonna! A. Men. ;-)

Shout Outs! Happy birthday to my two best friends: Than-than (Nov. 10) and Elma (Nov. 13)! You are my sources of strenghts in troubled times and I'm thankful for the days that God has decided to give you to us! I love both of you! *kisses kisses*

No comments: