Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Up, Down, and Faster

Last Friday, Dad and I went to the Lung Center to have my asthma checked. My sister had reminded me for the check-up because they must have been studying about it at this time. My asthma must've been on a different stage already since Salbutamol doesn't work much anymore, according to her.

Dra. Bate is dad's friend. When she learned about how frequent my attacks are, she told me that I must be on Stage 2. She gave Selmeterol which works longer than Salbutamol. Then she gave me another medicine that I would take for 10 days and another type of inhaler in cases of emergency. Emergency meant sudden attacks and real difficulty in breathing. If the given drugs won't work, then we'd go to Stage 3 medicine which is steroids. I wouldn't want to go there, of course, having heard of all the side effects of the said drug. All in all, when we went to Mercury Drug to buy the medicines, they amounted to almost PhP2k! Whoa! Way too expensive! The price of good health, eh?

Eversince I took the medicines, I felt better. I now get to sleep well. Oh my! I have missed sleeping well a lot! I don't get to wake up with lack of breath anymore. But the last few days kept me quite down with muscle (left leg) cramps and colds that don't seem to go away despite having to take medicine for it. With the cramps, I thought that it was because of the cold weather. I have experienced it before when the weather was cool. However, when I searched the net for Selmeterol's side effects, muscle cramps is one of them. I only had it for a day before. Re the colds, I don't know why. At least, it's quite better now than the last two days.

What's keeping me busy these days (and puts me in high spirits) is downloading with my new DSL connection! Yey! I have been wanting to have a very fast connection for years now and I now finally got it! Kaya naman I'm using it to its fullest! Aba, PhP999/month din ito kaya kailangang sulitin!

No comments: