Sunday, November 06, 2005

Quote Unquote

I haven't been updating this blog for the last few weeks. My life isn't exactly uneventful. I just don't feel like writing especially that I have nothing good to talk about. I even delayed on updating the blog. However, finally, yesterday I had the urge to work on it. And today, I'm gonna write something. Let me do this post by putting some quotes from people I've encountered these last few weeks...

"Sir, pumayat ka..." were the words of my former student, Annabelle, in Fatima when we chanced upon seeing each other in Red Ribbon, Grand Central. I told her that I was down with dengue virus and flu for almost two weeks, thus I lost weight. I thought that that was it when Tita Vangie and Ate Thet also mentioned my weight lost. It would be nice to know that I'm getting thin (although I'm not big) but they made it sound uncomplimentary. Hindi naman ako buto't balat ngayon but I came to realized that I haven't been eating the way I eat before I got sick. Mabilis ako mabusog ngayon (which is nice because I really don't wanna gain so much weight since I'm not doing any hard labor or exercises).

Another thing that contributed to the weight lost are my frequent asthma attacks. I haven't been sleeping well because the lost of breath would wake me up early in the morning. The medicine that I am taking doesn't seem to work well. Not to mention the cough and colds that trigger the ashtma more. It went on for almost two weeks! It's a good thing that Tita Vangie recommended another medicine that she took when she was in the US. It worked really good! In a matter of minutes, my breath had cleared and so are my nose and throat.

So probably, because of the recent developments, I'd be back in better shape in a couple of weeks. I don't wanna gain too much weight, though...

***

"To tell you the truth, the workshop is full..."

I went to GMA-7 to enroll in their Film and TV Production Workshop on Oct. 28. Sad to say, nasaraduhan ako ng slots. Ga, the frontman, however, told me and the rest of the wannabe-enrollees to at least get interviewed. The team may open another batch because of the turnout of enrollees. He also said that the workshop was on a first-come first-serve basis so we should have enrolled prior to that day. Unfortunately, when I called them a week before, I wasn't inform about it. That's why I went there in full confidence. What I didn't realize, though, was there were so many wannabe-workshoppers!

Anyway, so I was in the waiting area for a couple of minutes when it was my turn to be interviewed. Direk Ryan (didn't get his surname), the workshop facilitator, told me that we have three options. First, if the management would let them open another batch which is quite a shot in the moon since they have already exceeded the maximum number of 30 workshoppers the other day. 50 na that time. Still, he said he'd try to fight for it. Second, I'd be on the wait list. In case someone backs out, I might able to get in. Since it's a first-come first-serve basis, in my opinion, I don't think I'd get in. Sa dami ng applicants before me, they'd get in first before I do! Unless everyone in the sure batch backs out! Third, sure bet would be February, the opening of the next workshop!

I thought of contacting Tita Racquel (Villavicencio) through dad because she might be the script writing facilitator. However, I didn't want to drop any names on my behalf. Kuya Alvin also contacted someone about it but I didn't know who. The thing is, the help is fully appreciated but I want to get in on my own. Luckily, Direk Ryan thought that my application form is quite impressive. It seemed like I was really into doing it. I hope it would give me the edge next time.

If I only knew back in high school that I would really be into movies, I would've taken up Mass Comm. Anyway, I'd just do my best to go within my dreams reach...

***

"Sorry for the delay, ah? Hinihintay lang namin ung payment ng ads..."

Three months have passed and I haven't received any payment from the magazine! What pisses me off the most is that I had to ask them first before they'd tell me. Parang lumalabas pa na ako ang naghahabol when in fact, it was them who owe me something! I even received a "Hus this?" message when I sent the editor a message a few days before. He told me that he lost his pay fone book and he hasn't updated it since. So imagine, I was waiting for his message for nothing! It meant that if I didn't send him any message, I wouldn't hear from him again. How about sending an e-mail? Has he lost my address, as well?! Kung ganito ang kalakaran sa writing business, luluwa ata ang mga mata ko sa paghihintay!

See? I told you that I have nothing good to write about... *sigh*

No comments: