Monday, December 19, 2005

A Paycheck, Finally!

Angelo invited me to the Icon Christmas party last Thursday at Gov't. He was hoping that I could come so he could hand out my long overdue (according to his words) paycheck to me. So I went along with Biboy & Liezl. We arrived at 10, took three glasses of vodka (one for each of us but Biboy drank mine cuz I can't finish it), and left at 10:45. We would've stayed longer since most of the guests haven't arrived yet (Anton Diva was the first guest to arrive) but couldn't since Biboy & Liezl had an early shift the next day. Yeah, I know that it suck to left a party that early when it hasn't actually started yet. But I couldn't do anything about it. I don't want to compromise their time the next day for the party. Though, Liezl wanted to stay a little bit longer.

What's nice about it is that at least I met Angelo and Richie personally. We have been communicating only through e-mail and text messages. Angelo also introduced me to Xochi (webmaster) and Suki (managing editor) who both commended me for my write-up.

When Angelo gave me the check, he sincerely apologized for its very much delayed remittance. He also assured me that they'd give me another project as soon as one becomes available that would fit my forte.

The payment isn't as much as what I have expected. Though, it is enough to pay one of my obligations this end of the month. And the best thing is, it has finally seen the light of day. For a while, I have already dismissed it on my mind so that I wouldn't expect on it anymore...

No comments: