Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Wedding Disasters

I haven't written about the incidents that happened during the Elloso Wedding last Dec. 8, 2005. So here they are...

I was planning to wake up at 8 AM so I could practice some more for the number that I was supposed to do for the wedding. Even though I stayed up till 3 AM practicing, I wasn't that confident enough. There were still notes in "It Might Be You" that I couldn't hit well. "Good luck na lang sa kin bukas!" I'd say to myself. However, instead of getting up at 8, I have awaken fully at 9 realizing that with all the preparations I need to do (Angel's bath and dressing up, my bath and other "personal matters" inside the bath room, my practice, and the likes), we wouldn't be able to leave on time. Truth to say, we left at 10:30 AM and of course, it'd be impossible to arrive in SM Manila at 11 AM for the wedding. Worst, along the way, I felt a sudden tinge in my stomach because I wasn't able to the "personal matters" before taking a bath. I had to ask dad to drop me first in a Jollibee store near LRT Mento to do my deed. But alas, the cubicle wasn't working! So I had to go to the other Jollibee store in the parallel street. My only wish was that I could get to the CR on time that moment! To cut the story short, it was a wish granted. ;-)

By 11:30 AM, I receive an SMS from Oliver saying that they were stuck on traffic. If ever we are at the venue already, just get inside. I was glad that we still have time to catch up. By 12:10 or so, we reached Manila. Abot tanaw na ang SM Manila but since dad didn't know how to get there, we entered a wrong street that brought us out to Quirino station! It took us 30 minutes more to get to the venue finally - that's around 12:45 PM.

When we arrived at Max's, it seemed like Oliver and Alma arrived just a few minutes ahead of us. The guests just had soup. Anyway, the waiters started serving the food at around 1 PM. While eating, Angel complained about stomach ache. It's her turn this time! Hehehe... Biboy brought her to the nearest CR. Around 1:30 or so, the program started with a host (from Max's) who can't seemed to pronounce their surname correctly! E-lo-so would seemed forgivable but he said E-lo-sa! My golly! He also mispronounced other guests' names.

Anyway, after everything has been done, I wasn't called to sing. Due to lack of time, I guess. It was past 2 PM. I'm not complaining, though. Ayoko rin namang magkalat.

Among our batchmates, Michael Sanchez and Clark Lugtu were present. When Michael approached me afterwards, he told me that he didn't recognize me. Then, Ghil's mom saw me and said the same thing! Nag-iba raw itsura ko. Huh? How? "Lalo kang gumwapo," Ghil's mom said. O di ba? Di sa 'kin galing 'yun, ah! It was her exact statement. Hehehe...

I'm glad that Oliver and Alma finally wed after being in a relationship for 5 (or more) years. Although, till now, we still don't know why it was so sudden. Siguro, a week's preparation lang 'yun. We have yet to talk to them about it. But Vehr did assure us that Alma was not pregnant. However, so what if she is? At least we'll have another baby in the group!

What saddened me, though, is the lack of effort from the barkada to be there. Yes, it was a work day but I wanted to know if they have at least tried to get off from work to be part of the most important event in Vehr and Alma's life so far. Or getting off from work wasn't a choice at all? Wedding was on a work day so no contest! Work, it would be! What's sad more is that Vehr has been missing the barkada a lot the last few months. And not taking part in this special event would definitely be hard for him. He even asked me, "Alam ba nila?" Well, I hoped that they have congratulated them (and apologize for their absence)personally, even just through text message.

Anyway, it is just my sentimental self talking. If I have such an important event taking place in my life, I wouldn't want any single friend to be absent. Birthday celebrations happen every year but events like weddings happen once or twice in a lifetime! So I hope they wouldn't miss such...

No comments: