Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Other Brad

The Cure is one of my favorite films ever! It is about two boys who grew up in two different environments yet developed an unlikely friendship.

Erik (Brad Renfro) grows up in an uncaring family while Dexter (Joseph Mazzello) is very much loved and cared for by his. Dexter has acquired AIDS through blood transfusion. Upon learning such, Erik decides to help him find the cure of his disease. On their journey, they not only find great friendship but learn self-sacrifice, as well.

I have seen The Cure several times and it never failed to make me cry. It is one of those great movies about friendship (like My Girl) that'll make you bawl over.

Aside from the fact that it is a great movie, s'ympre super crush ko si Brad. I've liked him ever since I saw him in The Client. Sad to say though that after a good start in the movies, napariwara ang kanyang buhay. Problems with his family had led to drug problems. He was trying to mend his ways, I believe, but it was too late. At 25, his body was found dead. The cause is unknown.

Hay! I haven't seen the movie for quite some time and it seems like I'd be watching it again soon. I might cry myself to death this time. . .

Brad Renfro, may you rest in peace.

No comments: