Monday, October 18, 2010

Tempting Fate

They say that when you are about to die, memories of your past life flash before your eyes. I feel that it's the same thing when something in you is about to get lost forever. Memories of your good times together start to haunt you, making you regret what you did.

Memories rewind, from the latest ones to the oldest; from the time you were walking away to your destination, texting me "babay", to the time that we almost sat beside together in class during the first day then asking me for a spare pen on the next meeting.

Memories flash by, from one scene to the next; from the time you were teasing me about my 6-page final exam, saying how it was so lazy, undergrad-like, to the time you were smitten about the clock in my room, asking if it rings on alarm.

I should've stayed away from you the minute I learned your name. But I couldn't resist. I just had to get close to you. I had to fight fear. I had to stay strong.

I should've kept a distance from you when you told me that you weren't into relationships. But I was stubborn. I didn't listen, thinking you might turn the other way.

I have tempted fate. It felt like the signs were all against us, yet I took a chance. I have risked our friendship, and I was left with none.

I am sorry that I have overstepped my boundaries. I just wanted to get it out there. But jumping out of the bus has it consequences. You'd either die or survive. You'd either be scratch-free or wounded.

I'm sure that I'll survive. I just couldn't say if I'll be scratch-free.

This is what happens when you look for happiness. You get hurt. I hope that once it finds me, I'd still be alive to enjoy it.

So I walked under a bus
I got hit by a train
Keep falling in love
Which is kinda the same
I've sunk out at sea
Crashed my car, gone insane
And it felt so good
I want to do it again...

No comments: