Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Courtesy & Jealousy

We have met lots of customers. Of all ages and personalities. Of course, there's nothing irritating like a customer who would bombard you with text messages re their orders or your whereabouts during pick-up/delivery. Some people would also act as if you owe them something and want their stuffs be done right at the time they made the order or payment. Of course, no matter what their quirks are, we still try to deal with them pleasantly. But there are times that they go overboard. The times when they be so demanding to the point that they disrespect us. Treating us as if we are their slaves and we are at their beck and call. When that happens, we talk to them about it and not receive any orders from them. No matter how large their bill is. It is not the amount that matters to us. It is the service we provide them and the fact that we are able to work hand in hand. If they start to act like we are their slaves and they are our master, then good bye! So long!

One other type of customers that I find irritating, too, are the ones that treat us like "call boys." These people are the type who are quite embarrassed with their purchase that during deliveries. They tend to pay and leave immediately. No small talks. No smiling. Not even a "Hi". As if saying, "Let's get this over and done with! Pronto! Then I don't ever want to deal with you again." Why? Because mostly, these guys are the closeted ones! Okay. Fine! Stay in the closet! But again, at least be nice to us! We are not your servants!

Speaking of "servants (kuno!)", when I am in a mall and a guard or salesperson greet me, I greet them back. Or I nod my head to acknowledge their greeting. Why? Because it is not just the polite thing to do but the right one! How could you ignore a person who had greeted you? They have made an effort to greet you so would at least smile back at them or acknowledge them as a person?

In line with that is when people hand out your fare to the driver, common courtesy would tell you to at least say "Thank you" to the one who helped you. Is it really such a hard thing to do these days? Sobra na bang bastos ang mga Pinoy sa kapwa Pinoy?!

Anyway, in another story, I met this guy tonight. For "security" (for myself!) reasons, let's just not name him here. Hehehe. We just talk for a few seconds while doing "business" with each other. Biboy was waiting then. When I came back to him, he instantly guessed that I have a crush on the said guy! Of course, I can't deny it. I'm no good in lying. Besides, according to him, it was written all over my face! Like a "schoolgirl" with a crush! May pahimas-himas pa nga raw ako! Which for me wasn't consciously done. I was just making a gesture like a hand shake.

So ayun, he was kinda jealous about him. But I tried to appease him. It was just a crush. Besides, he's "straight". What can I do about that, eh? Still, he was jealous. However, after a while, he said, "Come to think of it, though, he's kinda cute!" From then on, he also developed a crush on him! Pagsaluhan na lang daw namin! Hahaha! :-p

No comments: