Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Not a Bogus SMS After All

Two to three days ago, I received an SMS from my friend Ne-an saying that she'd be leaving soon and that she'd already applied for roaming activation of her SIM card. I read it while I wasn't that fully awake yet and took it as a joke. I thought that the punch line was it was her SIM card who'd be roaming around the world. Something like that.

Today, Wheng called to asked me if Ne-an had left the country already. I said no and that the message was a joke. She told me that there wasn't any punch lines in the messages esp. with the last one she received from her. The message said that she's already in the airport. Wheng even called her in the office and was told that Ne-an already resigned. "Mag-aabroad ata," was the reply she got when she asked whether they know why she resigned.

I still couldn't believe it because it was so sudden. I just had spoken to her a week ago re the magazine and she didn't say a word. I told Wheng to call her house and ask. She did and it was confirmed! She left for Germany as a delegate for the coming "World Youth Day" and would go to Italy afterwards. Sa Italy, dun na siya "magtatago".

I feel so bad because amongst my college friends, we three are the only ones that are in constant communication. Nabawasan pa. Not only that, the thought of her going "TNT" is quite bothersome for me. I fear for her life. I know that she's one tough woman but still, I am scared for her. I also feel bad that I didn't respond to her message. If I did so, I would've known that she was truly leaving the country. I could've said good bye and good luck at least.

I know that she has plans of going abroad but I didn't expect that she would leave without a warning or at least good byes. I guess she felt embarrased with what she is about to do. But I'm not ashamed of her. I salute her for her guts and determination to have a better life.

I'm hoping the best for her.

***

Speaking of SMS, I went through Biboy's messages earlier. I don't really do it but I just felt like doing it earlier. There was a message there from so-called Chika Babe. The message says: "Good night. Good luck tomorrow. Sa-rang-he."

As soon as he woke up, I asked him who that was. He told me that it was me. I said that I don't remember texting such message. Then, he search for the number and as it turned out, it was my Chikka account number!
Hahaha! So silly of me! I swear, I don't remember sending that message!

No comments: