Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Invasion of the Foreign Bodies

For someone who is "sobrang malikot" as Angel, it is quite unbelievable that she hasn't been in some sort of a "major" accident like hurting her fingers in an electric fan or something like that. Once, she tried plugging the t.v. onto the socket in the kitchen. Good thing that I was able to stop her because the plug isn't that secure enough. "Wag mo na uulitin yan," I told her. "Makukuryente ka! Alam mo kung ano ang mangyayari pag nakuryente ka? Mamamatay ka!"

Then, when we were back inside the house, Angel said, "Da, di ko na uulitin 'yun, a?"

"Bakit," I asked.

"Kasi mamamatay ako pag inulit ko 'yun. Ayoko pang mamatay," she added.

It's amazing that she already understood the concept of death even at the age of 3. Maybe not its whole definition but at least she gets to understand a little.

Anyway, her not being in a "major" accident is too good to be true. Before 12 AM tonight, Ginger noticed a styrofoam ball inside her nose! It is really small and could fit well inside a nose. It is the one being used in bean bags. Who knows how long it has been there?

Afraid that I might push it further while taking it out, we decided to bring her to the hospital. It was a simple procedure really. It didn't take 5 minutes to take it out. Dad told me that I should have just taken it out myself. It cost him PhP1150.00 as damage kasi. Such a big amount for something so fast and easy. However, it is better to be sure than sorry. I don't wanna take any chances.

As it turned out, the nurses said that she was the sixth child who came in the emergency room with the same situation. "Uso yan," one of the them said. Children seemed to be putting stuff inside their noses lately.

I still hope, though, that no major accident would happen to Angel other than that. I don't think that I would be able to handle if she gets hurt really bad...

No comments: