Saturday, August 20, 2005

Surprise, Suprise? Not!

Mark Feehily of Westlife finally came out of the closet and admitted that he is gay! He has this to say:

I want people to know the truth. I am gay and I'm very proud of who I am. I'm not asking for sympathy, or to be a role model for someone else. I simply felt it was the right time to tell the truth. In the past I haven't felt the need to say anything about my sexuality. But I want people to know I'm very comfortable with who I am. I'm not worried about how people react because I'm happy being who I am. I'm still the same person the day I was before. I'm sure Westlife fans will be pleased I'm happy. I don't think it changes anything. All the lads in Westlife have settled down and are in relationships, so why can't I be?

Good for him! After all, it is quite obvious. (Is it or it is just me who noticed?) I knew it all along. I have sensed him a mile away the way I did with Stephen Gately of Boyzone. The difference, though, is that I had a crush on Stephen and I loathe Mark! What is so obviouse about Mark's gayness? Oh, c'mon! Whose self-respecting straight man would have Mariah Carey's poster mounted on the wall of his room? Unless it shows a naked Mariah in it with all her two tons of breats in full glory! Aside from that, does a straight man singer belts out a tune everytime ala Mariah?!

I can relate, though, to why decided to come out. He is in love (with another member of a boy band just like Stephen)! Who wouldn't want to express to the world the feeling you have for your special someone? Even I decided to tell my close friends about myself when I first had a relationship. (Not the first time I fell in love. That's a different story!)

But let me comment on the words "What A Waste" at the bottom of the front page. I hope that it is referring to another topic and not Mark's sexuality. Because saying that wouldn't be so appropriate at all! I've heard several "homophobes" or "not learned" ones utter the word "sayang" when they learn that a certain guy they know turned out to be gay. How could being gay be "sayang"? Would you be less of a person if you are gay? Would you turn out to be embarrassing to belong to the human race? I don't think so! There are gay people who are better than their straight counterparts! Who would want an egotistic and self-righteous straight man beside them more than a responsible and caring gay guy?

1 comment:

sineasta said...

WTF?! How did that spammer get in here?!