Friday, October 26, 2007

When Will You Die?

Based on this Tyra Quiz, I'll live until 75 years old. Hmm. . . Medyo matagal-tagal 'ata 'yun. When I was in my late teens and early twenties, dala na rin siguro ng 20s crisis and adjusting to the hardships of the real world, I felt that I won't reach my 30s. But here I am, a few more months to go and I'll turn 31. Still going at life!

In one of Biboy's depressed moods, he asked me, "What makes you going?" I don't have the exact answers to that question but I just live a day at a time. I told him na malalampasan din niya 'yung stage kung saan your death wish calls you every now and then. Ang iniisip ko na lang, life will soon be better. I am looking forward to the day that everything will come easy. That you won't sweat the small stuff anymore. That waking up every day is a wish granted. That you become thankful for whatever has come your way -- be it good or bad.

Biboy asked me again, "How do you accept things? How do you face the people pag madami kang kabalbalan? 'Pag may masamang nangyari? How do you move on without feeling bad?"

Ang patakaran ko sa ganyan, it is just right to feel bad about something -- whatever it is. Sulk, mope, wallow in self-pity for all you want. Magpakalunod ka sa luha at pighati -- for a day, a week, or even a month! But then, move on! Get up and apologize for your wrong deeds. Start fresh. Wala na rin naman kasing mangyayaring maganda if you continue to drown in sorrows. Sino ba ang pahihirapan mo nu'n? Sarili mo at ang mga tao sa paligid mo, di ba? Nangdamay ka pa ng iba kung ganu'n! Anyway, letting yourself overcome with emotions will give you insights naman on what you need to do next. Mas masama nga 'yung you don't allow yourself to process what you went through. Mas mababaliw ka sa ganu'n. Ang isipin mo na lang ay hindi ka nag-iisa. There are people with same struggles. There are people who came out of it strong and wise. Just pray for guidance and strength. Hindi ka Niya pababayaan.

Naku! Naging preachy na 'ata itong post ko. Feel ko lang maglabas sama ng loob. I'm at a cross road, trying to decipher if the life I want is truly the life for me. Matagal ko siyang hinintay pero ngayong nandito na, bakit parang may mali? 'Yun lang! Just thinking aloud.

Anyway, if you want to know your dying age, try the quiz! Just be aware that the quiz is mostly about lifestyle. If it says you'll live 'till you're 80, it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll do so. Pa'no kung maaksidente ka? Pa'no kung magkasakit ka? Try it for fun. 'Wag seryosohin ever!

No comments: