Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Prayers for Family & Friends


Prayer for Inner Healing

Speak clearly, Lord, into my heart.
In the past, I had been busy with life and I forgot what it meant to really life
In the midst of my pains and difficulties, allow me to know You
so that I may understand what living for You is all about.

I am weak, Lord,and helpless without you.
I surrender to You, Lord, all my fears, all my burdens.
I will focus on Your truth that you will be with me always.
I will never understand Your wars
but I know that You have a purpose for me.

Lord, as I continue this prayer, gently touch me with your healing hands.
You are the Divine Healer and the greatest Physician of all.
I believe in my heart that nothing is impossible to You.
Heal my most innermost being, my spirit, and my soul.

I know, Lord, that there is an end to my loneliness and sickness
because You died on the cross and rose from the dead.
From now on I just want to live with a loving heart
and not with grumbling heart,
from now on, Lord, I just want to live with a faithful heart
and not with a fearful heart.

In the mighty name of Jesus,
Amen.


***

Prayer in Time of Depression

Dear Lord, You are the one who created me
and You are the one who has provided for my salvation and for my spiritual growth.
I firmly believe that You are the great God who loves me very much
and that You know where I am going and what is good for me.
I humbly beseech You now, dear Lord, because I am confused,
struggling with hurting pain.
I am afraid and discouraged.
I feel lost and very depressed.
Let me feel Your loving care and compassion.
Let me feel Your sense of purpose and understand what You have planned for me
in this crisis that I am now undergoing.

Lord, You are my refuge, my hope, and my stronghold
in this very difficult time of my life.
I lean on and confidently put my trust in You.
For I know that You will not forsake me.
I pray that You will let time heal this wound
and I will become a better person because of Your work in me in this crisis.

Amen.


***

Prayer for Those Who Suffer

For those who suffer,
and those who cry this night,
give them repose, Lord;
a pause in their burdens.
Let there be minutes
where they experience peace,
not of man but of angels.
Love them, Lord, when others cannot.
Hold them, Lord, when we fail with human arms.
Hear their prayers and give them the ability to hear you back
in whatever language they best understand.
Amen.


***

Prayers for Protection

For Oneself

Lord God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
I come before You in the name of the Lord Jesus.
I ask that I may have the powerful protection that comes from
the Precious Blood of Your Son
that was poured out for me on the cross at Calvary.
In the name of your Son, the Lord Jesus,
I ask that you send angels to protect and defend me
from any attack of the enemy
and to defend all the members of my family, my friends, and my loved ones.
Protect and bless everyone who has asked me to pray for them.
Give me the grace to hear Your voice
and the courage to walk in Your ways.
I ask this in the name of the Jesus Christ,
who will come again in the fullness of His glory.
To Him be glory and praise,
now and forever.
Amen.


For Another

Father in heaven,
I lift up (Name) to you in the name of Your Son the Lord Jesus.
In Jesus' name I ask You to release warrior angles
to drive away from him/her/them any evil spirits that may be harassing,
controlling, attacking, or deceiving him/her/them.

Let you servant (Name) enjoy the powerful protection
that comes from the Precious Blood of Your Son, Jesus Christ,
which was shed for him/her/them on Calvary.
Let him/her/them hear Your voice
and always walk in Your ways.
Amen.


***

Prayer for Serenity

God grant me serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can
and wisdom to know difference.


Living one day at a time
enjoying one moment at a time,
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace!

Taking, as Jesus did,
this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it.

Trusting that You will make all things right
if I surrender to Your will,
so that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen.


***

Prayer for Strength

Lord, enlighten what is dark in me;
strengthen what is weak in me;
mend what is broken in me;
bind what is bruised in me;
heal what is sick in me;
straighten whatever is crooked
and revive whenever peace and love have dies in me.

Amen.

No comments: