Friday, May 12, 2006

Friends?

A friend from college asked me a few months ago to help her in her wedding preparations. Even though I don't have much experience on it, I agreed. She said that most of my work would just entail me to follow-up on contacts and guests' attendance. However, because of my GMA-7 workshop, I had to decline. I could really help her still but it turned out that I couldn't even attend her wedding day since one of the workshop days would fall on that day.

I felt bad telling her about it when she called me last Tuesday. I wasn't able to apologize because it was brief talk. So when I saw her online tonight, I immediately asked if she has some sort of "tampo" with me. But surprise surprise! Ako pa pala ang magugulat sa sagot niya! She answered, "Actually okay lang. At least nabawasan ang bisita at maiinvite ko pa 'yung iba kong relatives. Joke! Medyo rin pero okay lang."

I know that she wasn't kidding. Imagine how bad I felt when I read that. I suddenly thought, would I be even invited to her wedding in the first place hadn't she asked me for my help? Because I was the only one from our group that she had invited and she made me promise not to tell anyone. "Ay sus! So it meant na wala ka na talagang iimbitahin sa barkada," I replied back.

"Not to be rude but yes. Medyo unfair kasi sa hubby-to-be ko kasi puro relatives niya invited niya. Saka wala na rin naman silang alam na info tungkol sa 'kin so okay lang 'yun!"

It was not okay, of course. But it's her wedding so anong say ko, di ba? However, it just goes to show how insignificant we are to her. She didn't even ask me about the workshop. "Kung anuman 'yung workshop na 'yun, good luck na lang!"

It really hurts me to think that there are "friends" who could just dismissed you in their lives as if you never existed. I feel this way because I give such high regards to my friends. I guess I could say that really good friends stay and friends from the past, well, stay in the past.

I remember a quote that says that there are people in your lives that would remain friends with you till the end and there are people who would just stay a short time just because they already served their purpose for you. I am now realizing who my friends truly are and those that just served their purpose.

What hurts most is that I never thought that you'd be just a person in my life who has served her purpose. I hope that there's more to this than that.

Anyway, best wishes to your wedding!

No comments: