Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Zsazsa Package

It has been a month or so when Direk Ellen told me that she sent me a gift. At first, I didn't ask what was in it because I wanted to be surprised. I even thought that it might be something from Switzerland because she went there for the international screening of Mga Pusang Gala. But then, when it seemed like that it has been "lost" somewhere in the Post Office, she told me that the package includes some Zsazsa Zaturnnah stuff -- book, cd, etc. According to her, she sent the package on March 31. It was almost the end of April then so I felt that the shipment won't get to me anymore.

But lo and behold! When I got out of my room, I saw a pouch on the dinner table with my name on it! It was the package that Direk was telling me about. Even though I already know what is inside, opening a package still excites me -- kinda the feeling you get when you open presents during birthdays or Christmas. Inside it was an unopened sealed comic book, programme from the first run, and the CD soundtrack
from the first run, as well. I have them already but I couldn't care less! These are new! Not to mention that the CD was the Kalila Agilos version! (I have the Agot Isidro one.) Plus, they gifts from a good friend. Direk's note says:

Dear Jerrick, I had bought these things to study but since the rights had been bought already, thought I'd give them to you instead. the music was composed by a friend, by the way. Ellen.

The story behind this was that I encourage her to watch the play. I thought that she might be interested in adapting it for the screen. She loved the play! However, we didn't know then that Regal Films had already acquired the rights for the film.
Anyway, thank you for the gift, Direk!


Related Readings:

No comments: