Monday, February 12, 2007

Goodbye, Noreen!


Da Bin Jung
March 4, 1980 - February 10, 2007


Korean Actress Da Bin Jung died on February 10, 2007. The police found her lifeless body in the bathroom of her boyfriend's aunt's home. They suspect that she committed suicide because she was found hanged using a towel tied around a clothes line.

According to friends, they went out drinking the night before with her boyfriend. They went home by 3 AM. By the time her boyfriend woke up, she was already dead. The police believed that she died between 3:30-3:50 AM.

Aside from that, what confirms the suicide was the last post she made in her journal entitled "Ending".

I thought I was going to die because it was so frustrating.
I kept getting mad with no reason..and it was driving me crazy.
I was so tired..as if I would always get nauseous..
My head hurt so much, I cried.
I almost became a slave to bad-temper and moodiness.
Lauging, then crying..it was enough to drive me crazy.
I finally began to think that I was losing myself..
And I began to lose touch.
Suddenly, like being electrocuted..Suddenly, I became peaceful.
The lord came.
He gives me strength, he strengthens my foolish self..
He teaches me strength, and makes me realize things that are close to me.
He raises me up when I was about to give up..
And he tells me that it's now alright.
I'm alright.


However, the police are still not ruling out the possibility of foul play. According to the same friends she went out with, the post on the journal showed conflicting ideas. Also, she was very excited about her upcoming projects. She wished to choose her works carefully. DBJ's family, who was opposed to an autopsy before, agreed on a postmortem analysis that would finally shed a light on the true cause of her death.

Pinoys knew DBJ as Noreen. She became part of our consciousness through her series Attic Cat (with Rae-won Kim) and My Sister-in-Law is 19 Years Old. She also starred in the movie He Was Cool. I liked her a lot!

So, goodbye, Noreen! May you find the peace you are looking for in the next life...

No comments: