Saturday, February 10, 2007

An Ode to Thee


During the past few years, whenever I get to attend friends's wedding ceremonies, I couldn't help getting misty-eyed. Mostly, it was because of sentimental reasons. Another time has passed. Another journey has began for friends. However, behind it, how I wish that someday, it'd be me and you who'd face the altar someday; proclaiming to the world the feelings we have for each other; promising to be together till the end to one another. It may sound cheesy but that's how love and marriage could get most of the times. Yet, no matter how baduy it may be, it is what most people aspire for - a love to last a lifetime bonded by matrimony.

With a love that's different like ours, I am not sure if we'd ever get to see that day or if it'd be in our lifetime. Let me assure you, though, that we're as good as being married. So, till then, I'd gladly dedicate this song to you. You have asked me if it was okay if you call me yours four years ago so let me give you these two words this time.



In a while, in a word
Every moment now returns
For a while, seen or heard
How each memory softly burns
Facing you who brings me new tomorrows
I thank God for yesterdays
How they led me to this very hour
How they led me to this place...

Every touch, every smile
You have given me in care
Keep in heart, always I'll
Now be treasuring everywhere
And if life should come to just one question
Do I hold this moment true?
No trace of sadness
Always with gladness
"I Do..."

Now a song that speaks of now and ever
Beckons me to someone new
Unexpected, unexplored, unseen
Filled with promise coming through.
In a while, in a word
You and I forever changed
Love so clear, never blurred
Has me feeling wondrous, strange.

And if life should come to just one question
Do I face each moment true?
No trace of sadness,
Always with gladness
"I Do..."

Never with sadness...
Always with gladness...
"I... Do..."


On this day, let me thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for walking out on me when I'd told you that I wanted just to be friends at that moment. Thank you for insisting that you'd rather not be friends if I won't be with you. Thank you for not letting me make the biggest mistake of my life. Thank you for not giving up on me.

I've had four wonderful years with you and am still looking forward to more years.

If we're in a different place or time or in alternate universe, I'd still say "I do..."

No comments: