Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Aired Today


Aired Today: The "C" Show
I was never a fan of underwear fashion shows here in the Philippines. I mean, do people really wanted to see the latest styles in underwear or the stars/models wearing them? Do people sigh the oohs and the aahs because they witnessed the new colors and designs of the underwear or because of the bulges and boobs being displayed on stage. Bench started it all (as far as I know) and Carter underwear followed. Dubbed as The "C" Show, Carter boasted Paolo Bediones as their main endorser. Frankly, I believe that he was the one they are selling mostly than their underwears. Unlike Bench, they don't have much variety to speak of. They're plain and boring! So does Paolo! Gay and boring, I should say! (Oops, did I say that out loud?!)

I wonder, though, are we the only country who does underwear only fashion shows? Does Milan do it, as well? Of course, Victoria's Secret is a different thing. But does this events showcase how Filipinos can still be reserved when it comes to their sexual freedom? That they'd rather be a mere peeping-tom than be an active participant?

***
Aired Today: Tom Cruise on Oprah
This is the infamous Tom Cruise interview where he stood on Oprah's couch to express his feelings for Katie Holmes. Katie Holmes?! My gawd! Couldn't you go any lower than her?!

I admit that I am a huge Tom Cruise fan! I've loved him eversince Top Gun! Maybe because I was getting older, I somehow outgrew him. I still admire him, though. Of course, no more drooling every time I see him on screen. But eversince this TomKat brouhaha, I'm losing respect for him. I could stomach him dating Katie but all these PDA's just make me sick! All these kilig expressions he has been showing. Oh, c'mon! You're not in your teens anymore! Yeah yeah yeah! I got it. You're in love! (So as you say!) You're happy! (So as you say!) But act your age! I don't know about the other fans, but he is embarrasing me!

I just couldn't put my foot on it but I feel that there is something fishy about TomKat. Imagine, after a few months (or was it just weeks?) of dating and they're getting married already?! Could it be mid-life crisis, as Jen had suggested? Probably! But I feel that there's something more. Could it be publicity stunt since they both had summer movies? Maybe. But why choose Katie for a publicity gimmick? Why not a bigger star like Angelina Jolie (Oh, yeah, Brad got her already! Brad, isa ka pa! Grrr!) or Jennifer Connelly? I think there's something bigger than that. Could it be true that Tom and Rob Thomas was caught in bed? Hmmm.... Sounds... naughty! But there was a story behind it, really! Is it true or not? Well, no one could say.

Here's the story...

Apparently, Rob's wife caught the two in bed. Threaten to expose them in public, the Scientology group steps in and did some damage-control. Marisol, Rob's wife, was paid a hefty amount of money to shut her mouth while Katie was asked to pretend as Tom's gf. Aside from the august payment she is getting, she was also told to imagine how this so-called relationship would do to her so-called career. However, Marisol is still threatening to expose them now that all eyes were set on TomKat and she is annoyed about it. (Read it all here.)

Could it be true? I dunno. Do I care? I dunno. I just hope that TomKat would stop their lovey-dovey antics in public! Are they that publicity-hungry?

BUT if you asked me if I care that Rob is gay (or bisexual), well, that's a different story altogether! *wink wink*

***
Aired Today: The Congress Listening to the Wiretapped Conversation
The Congress had proven that it wasn't just PGMA who had spoken to some Comelec officials. There were also other officials who are part of the opposition. So if the CD includes conversations between the Comelec and the opposition, we couldn't blame the wiretapping now to the opposition themselves. As days go by, pagulo lang nang pagulo ang kwentong ito!

I have several thoughts, however. PGMA, in her apology speech, said that it was a lapse in judgment when she called Garci during the votes-counting. I'd say that it wasn't. It was stupidity! How could she have made the calls herself? Couldn't she asked a "trusted" official/friend to do the dirty work? Or she already thought that she was doing something not right and didn't want to involve anybody else? Or was she that super perfectionist who'd want to make sure for herself that things would be done? Hah! Perfectionist, pala, ah!

During these times, I'm feeling ambivalence towards both groups: the administration and the opposition. I don't feel like taking sides. All I feel is if the opposition wanted to oust PGMA, who would they elect? Susan Roces? Sino ba ang nakapaligid sa kanya? Same people who were with Estrada, right? So bubuti ba ang kalagayan ng Pilipinas sa kanya?

Another People Power won't solve anything! My gawd! We are becoming a laughing stock of other nations because every time we want to change the government, we ought for People Power. Nawalan na ng saysay ang tunay na kabuluhan ng People Power!

No comments: