Monday, February 14, 2005

B-Day Gimmick Feb. 12, 2005

Ricky and Babes arrived at around 7-ish. I was expecting them a little earlier than that but I didn't care anymore since Biboy hasn't arrived yet. I've asked Ricky (through Babes) if he could be our "designated" driver that night and he agreed. I was afraid that without a ride, my legs would hurt and I won't be able to enjoy the night. Although, the pain had truly subsided and the tightened muscles had smoothened since Biboy had massaged them. I had to follow it up with massages, as well, from time to time, using Bengay red.

A few minutes after, Biboy arrived. I thought of leaving immediately since Elma and Gilbert were bombarding me with text messages re our whereabouts. I've told them to meet us in SM North Edsa overpass so we could go together to Tomas Morato since they didn't know their way. We were running a little late since around 7 p.m. ang usapan.

Anyway, before we left, I've asked Ginger to take some pictures of us. I love the second picture because Angel had a great smile in it!

Around 8-ish p.m., we met Elma, Jay, and Gilbert. I've asked Biboy to transfer in the front seat beside me so that the four (including Babes) could fit themselves in the back. As it turned out, they had to squeezed themselves in because not all of them fit in in the backseat of the car. Medyo nakapagtataka dahil kasya naman madalas ang apat na tao sa likod, lalo pa't payat naman sina Elma at Babes. Kumandong na nga si Elma kay Jay. Hmm... Could it be that Gilbert is so big that he occupied two seats? Hehehe...

On the way, I've noticed the major changes in Tomas Morato since I left Northfield. My my my! Ang daming bars at restaurants! Kaliwa't kanan! If I am still working in NF, perhaps I have visited most of them for lunch or snack.

A few minutes later, we arrived at Tia Maria's. I was glad that there was a band playing that night. They even greeted and welcomed us before they left the stage for their first set. Joy and Francis followed afterwards, then Oliver and Alma, and finally Than-than. Minuto lang ang pagitan ng pagdating namin.

When we were about to order, we learned that the combo meals, according to the waitress, are only available for lunch. It surprised us, especially me, since I ordered one of them in their Megamall branch last year when I had a get together with my college friends (Bhe-bhe, Leigh, Joanne, and Dex). Kaya ko pa naman dinala ang barkada run dahil alam kong may affordable meals (at masarap!) kaming makukuha. It was the first disappointment of the night.

So, Gilbert just suggested that we order as a group since makakatipid nga naman kami kapag ganun. We ordered 2 orders of Buffalo Wings, Calamares, and Gambas. Naisip ko na daragdagan na lang namin maya-maya. Jay ordered tacos for himself. According to Elma, tinignan na nila 'yung menu sa Megamall para alam na nila kung ano ang pwede nilang kainin (at kaya ng budget!). Pero kumain na rin sila ng merienda para di na marami ang oorderin nila.

I've added Chef's Salad for Biboy in exchange for the Margarita that he wanted to taste. Later on, napagsaluhan na rin ng lahat 'yung salad, which was fine with us.

We didn't order any drinks (except for Than-than who bought Mango juice) because I thought that we'd be ordering later. Medyo nga disappointed 'yung waitress. Sinabi niya sa mga kasama niya nang pagkalakas-lakas, "Tubig lang daw!" Sige at konti pang lakas ay rinig na ng buong restawran!

Second disappointment was ang tagal dumating ng orders. Nung dumating 'yung ulam, 'yung kanin naman ang inabot ng siyam-siyam. Lalo na nung umorder kami ni Oliver ng dalawang extra rice! Siguro, ten minutes din ang inabot bago dumating sa 'min.

Third disappointment was, I guess, none of us truly enjoyed the meal. Tipid na, di pa ganung kasarapan. I am truly disappointed since I was the one who chose that place. Kala ko kasi ang madaratnan namin dun ay 'yung nadatnan ko sa Megamall branch. Hindi pala. Kaya naman matapos bayaran ang bill, umalis na kami.

We walked towards the bars in Tomas Morato. I really have no idea on what to do next or where to go since I was expecting that we'd be staying in Tia Maria's drinking all night. It was Than-than who just led the way. Medyo nagkaroon pa nga ng confusion dahil maski siya ay di malaman ang gagawin: bar ba with bands or videoke bar? He wanted the latter (kasi raw ayaw na niya ng maingay) so I just suggested that we go to Camelot Hotel again (we went there three years ago during my birthday, too, and stayed at Dungeon Bar). With much hesitation from the group, dun pa rin ang naging bagsak namin. Off they went first because we (Biboy and I along with Ricky and Babes, and Joy and Francis) had to go back to get our respective cars. Nasa circle na kami 'nun at nakaparada 'yung mga sasakyan malapit sa Tia Maria's. I had to asked Ricky and Babes to get the car themselves while we wait since nananakit na 'yung binti ko. Ok naman sa kanila.

Medyo natagalan sila and I got quite worried. I was imagining that they might have met an accident. 10 minutes or so had passed and I got a call from Babes asking if we have car insurance. I told her none. May naatrasan daw kasi na kotse si Ricky. Wala namang galos 'yung kotse namin at ang apektado ay 'yung naatrasan. She said that I shouldn't worry since Ricky was the one handling the situation. After another 10 minutes or so, naglakad na kami papunta sa Tia Maria's. Naisip ko kasi na baka di maayos ni Ricky 'yung problema or that he might be needing our help. Fortunately though, hindi na niya kinailangan ang tulong namin. Ang sabi niya, hiningi na lang ng driver nung kotse 'yung number niya para tawagan siya matapos mapa-estimate sa casa 'yung damage sa kotse niya. Buti na lang at walang nangyari masama sa kanila.
Habang papunta kami sa Camelot, Than-than called me and said that they were going to Pier One because the videoke bar in Camelot was jampacked. Then Elma texted me to say that they had to leave. Hanggang 12 a.m. lang ang usapan nila ng tagapagbantay ng mga bata. Bukod pa run, may pasok siya kinabukasan.

Pier One was also jampacked with people. So the group decided to go to Gerry's Grill, in front of ABS-CBN. That was where we spend the rest of the night drinking the bottles of beer that we ordered.

As the evening passed by, Than-than had to leave because he'd be seeing his college friends. Then, siguro dala na rin ang tama, Gilbert broke his silence and talked about his disappointments in life: work, lovelife, etc. Talagang bumagka siya that time. Nawalan na rin kasi siya ng social life dahil sa trabaho and he did not progressed at all. He remained stuck with his position at work.

Around past 1:30 a.m. ata, we decided to go home. Nagkanya-kanya na kami. Gilbert rode with us and Alma and Oliver went with Joy and Francis.

Si Gilbert naman, enjoy na enjoy talaga 'yung gabi. Sabi ko nga sa kanya na akala namin ay okay lang sa kanya ang walang social life kaya di siya nagsasasama sa 'min. He realized that there's nothing better being with friends. "What a night! Thanks!" were the last message I got from him that night.

Yeah, despite the disappointments, it was truly a great night! One of the memorable birthday celebrations I had! c",)