Thursday, February 10, 2005

Subject: "What could be greater than this?"

As I walk down through my 2-year anniversary memories with Biboy, I am posting this e-mail I've sent to Edward. I don't exactly remember the time I've sent this but this was almost the same time the "necklace incident" happened...

To: Edward Mirralles <calvin72@hotmail.com
>
From: Jheck David <jekoy@kenkoy.ph
>
Subject: What could be greater than this?

Hi, Ed!

I gotta tell you what happened today...

Irvin and I are on our way to LRT Northmall Monumento to buy some bootleg dvd's. There was a moderate traffic before you reach Monumento circle. I was sort of had my eyes closed when we were on the jeepney when I realized that someone snatched my necklace. I grabbed my neck and uttered, "Shit!" Irvin said, "Kuwintas mo?" I said yes and he suddenly rushed out of the jeepney and ran after the snatcher. He ran after him along the traffic shouting,"Putsa! Magnanakaw!"

Our jeepney tried to ran over the guy but it fell short. They were running really fast when I saw them going through a street. When I felt that our jeepney was moving, I went down and walked towards where Irvin and the snatcher went nervously. I didn't see Irvin anywhere. I stood at the corner of street waiting. I was asking God to take care of him. I got really scared. I didn't know what to do. If I could just tell him to stop following the guy and just leave it be. I felt like crying already.

"God, please..." I said. I wanted to see him that instant. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something bad happened to him. 5 minutes passed and no sight of him. 10 minutes. Then, I decided to go through the street and look for him. I was scared that the snatcher might be there waiting to get my other stuffs or worst, I might see Irvin stabbed or bruised. When I felt that he wasn't there at all, I turned around. I saw him running towards me. I could almost cry when I said, "Ba't mo pa hinabol?" If I just had the guts to hug him that time with all those people around, I would have.

He said, "Uwi na lang tayo. 'Wag na tayong tumuloy. Malas ang araw na 'to." I agreed.

I was thanking God graciously for bringing Irvin back to me unharmed. I felt like crying but I was holding it back. Irvin was apologetic. I asked why.

He answered, "Di ko nabalik 'yung kwintas mo, e." Tears wanted to roll down my eyes.

"Di mahalaga 'yun. Ikaw lang naman concern ko, e," I said.

"Papalitan ko na lang. Promise!" he reassured me.

Then he made some jokes as if to dismissed what happened. I think that he felt that I was bothered about the necklace since it was my dad's gift to me from years back. So he's trying to make it easy for me. I couldn't say anything because I wanted to cry.

When we arrived home and reached my room, I hugged him so tight and cried.

"O, bakit ka umiiyak?" he asked.

"Tinakot mo ko, e. Kala ko kasi may nangyaring masama sa 'yo," I said as tears roll down my eyes. I was crying heavily. Sobra. He couldn't stop me. I was crying because of so many things. I really got scared, I thought I'd be losing him, and because I was happy I was with him that moment. "Next time, hayaan mo na, a? Kuwintas lang 'yun."

"Kuwintas mo 'yun, e. Lahat gagawin ko para sa 'yo."

"It's not worth risking your life."

"It's worth risking my life for you."

And tears just flowed freely. Until now, whenever I think about what happened, I still feel like crying. Everyday, he proves how much he loves me. But this tops it all. I can't believe this is HOW MUCH he loves me. What I realized though is that I really love him much, as well. Di ko kakayanin pag nawala siya sa buhay ko.

Jheck.

--end--

Oh my god! Just reading this again brings tears to my eyes. Happy second year anniversary, Bi...