Tuesday, February 08, 2005

"The Phantom of the Opera" Experience

I saw "The Phantom of the Opera" premiere tonight at Robinson's Galleria. It was courtesy of Jen Pimentel from Sony-BMG Philippines. She was the one who handled the whole event.

Initially, Jen reserved three tickets for us: Than-than, Biboy, and me. But I asked her if she could squeezed two more tickets because I wanted to bring Elma and Jay, too, to see the movie. She said that she would try. Yesterday, I tried asking her again re the extra tickets and she said okay. Unfortunately though, Elma and Jay couldn't make it because the latter was sick. Biboy tried looking for people who could take their places. It was only Liezel who would was able to make it.

I could ask some of the barkada like Epoy or Oliver but I didn't. I thought that it'd be better if Biboy, this time, could be with his friends. At least I'd get to meet them, as well. Sayang nga lang at si Liezel lang ang pumuwede.

Anyway, before Biboy and I went to Galleria, we first went to Megamall to buy me a pair of shoes. Ilang linggo ko na ring inirereklamo 'yung luma kong sapatos. Feeling ko, siya 'yung dahilan kung bakit sumasakit yung kanan kong paa at binti. We tried looking for new shoes during the SM North mall sale but we couldn't find the size of my chosen shoes (Dickies). Ayoko kasi ng rubber shoes. At last, we were able to buy a pair of Swatch Seaside sneakers. I immediately put them on and my the old Swatch Seaside shoes into the box. My right foot was relieved of its pain. However, all the pain went into my leg. Oh, god! The pain was more horrible than before since I really couldn't bend my leg. I had to struggle my way through Megamall to Galleria. Biboy was insisting that I should consult a doctor re my condition. Two weeks na rin kasing ganito. Sa tuwing maglalakad ako ng malayo, sumasakit.

When Biboy and I reached Galleria, we went to Popeye's after meeting up with Liezel at Mini Stop downstairs. I took a pill of Alaxan and was able to rest. For awhile, the pain disappeared.

Than-than arrived at around 7-ish. It was such an awkward experience since Biboy swear that he wouldn't talk to him unless mawala yung sama ng loob niya re the whole Arnel incident. So, he didn't. Even if Than-than asked him some things a couple of times. I don't know if Than-than had noticed it but he sure kept his distance from us the whole time we were together.

After the movie, the pain started again. Siguro nalamigan ng husto. Kala ko nga di na ko makakauwi because I was really holding on to Biboy while we were going down. Imagine, we were on the 4th floor! Buti na lang at may escalators pa. Dahil pag wala, whoo! I wouldn't know what to do. Sinuggest na nga ni Biboy na buhatin ako, e. Hehehe.

On the bus, I have asked daddy to fetch us (Than-than and I since Biboy and Liezel went on their separate way from Galleria) in Fatima because it was really excruciating! Pagkauwi ko, medyo nabawasan naman 'yung sakit. Feeling ko, yung mismong sapatos (any shoes for that matter) ang nagpapalala ng sakit. Kasi nung hinubad ko, nabawasan siya.

My concern now is the gimmick on Saturday. I have to wear sandals and I shouldn't walk too far. Ang balak ko pa naman (tentative) ay kumain sa "Yellow Cab Pizza" in Mabini then go find a bar in Malate. I guess, mas okay kung sa Morato na lang since tabi-tabi lang ang bars at andun na rin 'yung isang branch ng "YCP". Or worst, just ask the barkada to come here at home and celebrate. Di naman kasi pwedeng ipagliban dahil aalis na sina Babes at Ricky on the 21st. Sayang naman kung hindi namin sila makakasama sa gimmick. Birthday na rin naman ni Babes sa 18th.

Bahala na. I'd know in a few days. I just have to wait till the pain fully subsides...

P.S.

Amongst all the pain though, t'was sooooo good seeing Brad Turvey in person! Biboy caught my attention when he passed by us at Popeye's. We thought that he'd seeing the movie but he didn't. He hosted the event since RX 93.1 was one of the sponsors. I asked Jen jokingly if I could bring him home with me. Hahaha! Wish hard!