Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The AP Address

Around early afternoon today, Gilbert sent me a message:

Ghil: This statement struck me: "Arnel was still very part of our lives then." Ano ba nangyari?

Okay, to somehow lessen the "mysteriousness" of what happened, let me tell you this. Some of you already knew what truly happened but some of you don't. To those who don't, I appreciate that you didn't bug me about it. But for sure, at the back of your mind, you were wondering why. You may even have asked some friends of ours about it. However, like me, they kept their mum about it.

Like what I told Ghil, I'm not exactly at liberty to discuss what happened between Arnel and I. Just because the situation involved him and I, not just me alone. I don't want him to think that I'm telling stories behind his back or something like that. Mahirap na kasing palakihin pa 'yung naging issue. Let's just put it this way, he did something that pushed over the limits of our friendship. I was distraught with what happened especially when it appeared that it was kinda no biggie for him. (At least, that was I was thinking.)

Elma and Than-than (even him!) know how much I've tried to fix things between us but something kept on getting our way. So many things, actually. That's why it came to a point that I've let things be. I've let nature takes its own course. If ever there will come a time that we will become friends again, so be it. The truth is, though, I didn't consider it anymore.

However, lately, he has been writing to me and trying to make ammends. We haven't talked about what "really" had happened but I told him that I've accepted his apology. But, just don't expect us to be chummy-chummy in the near future. I believe that it's not yet time for us to get together and talk things over.

As for you, my dear friends, since you and him are of clean slate, it wouldn't be a problem for me if you would get together with him. If there would be occassions that you'd invite us both, I'd surely be there but just don't expect us to be cozy with each other. Like what happened during Rein's birthday last year, we kept our distance from one another. Although, he hasn't given his apologies then, yet.

As for the moment, hanggang ganito na lang muna kami...

(Statement referred to by Ghil was from here
.)