Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Laugh Trip: Ano Nga Uli?!

Today, CDs of different artists usually come with a lyric sheet. If there's none, we could always rely on the internet to search for it. But do you remember the time when we all rely on (cheap) songhits for the lyrics of the songs when in fact, they were so many boo-boos in it? Perhaps, those who wrote the lyrics only rely on their eardrums just so they could write down the lyrics, as well. Cassettes pa uso nun at walang lyric sheet na kasama. I remember that I used to play, stop, write, play, stop, write just so I could get the lyrics.

Anyway, here are some of the murdered lyrics of different songs that came from a PEx forum:

The Greatest Love of All: "I believe the children or (are) our future..."
(Can't decide on what to believe in, eh?!)
Seasons in the Sun: "We had joy, we had fun, we had seashells in the sand (seasons in the sun)..."
Sex Bomb: A. "Sex Bond, Sex Bond, You're my Sex Bond..."
B: "A, Anong Sex Bond?"
A: "Hindi ba sa James Bond na movie yun?"
(When was that James Bond movie shown?!)
Vulnerable: "She's so vulnerable, vagina (like china) in my hands, oh so vulnerable..."
Heaven Knows: "Why I live in despair? Coz wide awake or dreaming I know she's never there... And all the time I masturbate (act so brave) I'm shaking inside. Why does it hurt me so?..."
(Heaven knows why you're shaking inside!)
Stars: "I hope you comb you hair (comprehend)..."
Mr. Big Stuff: "Mistah Fistah (Mr. Big Stuff), who do you think you are? Mistah Fistah..."
(Sino 'yun?!)
Torn: "The perfect guy is tall (sky is torn). I'm a lettuce face (all out of faith)... "
(Arojosko!)
Could've Been: "Philippines (Could've been) so beautiful..."
(I couldn't agree more! But would Tiffany do?)
Count on Me: "Canon (Count on) me through thich and thin. A friendship that will never ends..."
London Bridge: "London bridge is falling down... My first (fair) lady..."
Looks Like We Made It: "Looks like we mated (made it)..."
You Learn: "You live, you nerd (learn), you love, you nerd, you cry, you nerd, you lose, you nerd!"
("Ouch!" said the nerd.)
Smiling Face: "Whenever I see your smiling face, I have to smell (smile) myself..."
(Bakit? Conscious masyado?)
Eternal Flame: "Close your eyes, give me your ham (hand), darling. Do you feel my heart beating? Do you understand? Do you feel laaasing (the same)? Am I only dreaming..."
(I think so! So wake up!!!)
Life: "My (life), oh my (life), oh myyyy (life)..."
(This is by Des'ree, in case you didn't know! Oh my!)
The Best Things in Life are Free: "The best friends (things) in life are free..."
(Honga naman!)
The Animal Song: "I want to eat (live), like a cannibal (animal)..."
(Katakot!)
Home: "There snowflakes ('s no place) like home..."
I'll Be There: "You and I must make a pact. We must bring some Asian (salvation) back..."
Billie Jean: "But the sheriff (kid is) not my son..."
I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing: "I don't wanna close my eyes. I don't wanna fall asleep coz I'll miss you, babe. And I don't want that missile thing (wanna miss a thing)..."
(Connected naman sa "Armageddon" 'yung missile, di ba?)
Breathless: "C'mon, leave me breastless (breathless)..."
(Huh?)
You Oughta Know: "An older virgin like (version of) me. Is she perverted like me..."
Lucky: "She's unlucky (so lucky). She's a star. But she bye bye bye's (cry cry cries), with a lonely heart..."
(Duet ba ito ni Justin at Britney?)
Cry: "A walk to (I always) remember, in the (it was) late afternoon..."
(Theme song nga naman ng "A Walk to Remember" 'yun!)
To continue with it: "It last till December and ended in June (It lasted forever and ended so soon)..."
(Ang tagal!)
Waterfalls: "Don't go Jason (chasin'), waterworld (waterfalls)..."
(Theme song ng "Waterworld" ba ito?)
'Wag na 'Wag Mong Sasabihin: "Magdamag ('Wag na 'wag) mong sasabihin..."
Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You: "Nothing's gonna change my love for you. You know naman my love (oughta know by now) how much I love you..."
(O di ba, taglish version?!)
Lift Up Your Hands: And he said cast your burdens upon me, those who are heavily laiden. Come to me all of you who are dying of giving (tired of carrying) heavy load..."
Title (?): "Soul of Christ... sat beside (sanctify) me..."
(Saint mo na ba ang kumanta nito ngayon?)
Better Days: "Silver gray hair, neatly combed in place. There were four generations of blood (love) on her face. She was so wise, and (no) surprise -- had no (past her) eyes. She couldn't see at ('d seen it) all..."
(No eyes?! No wonder she couldn't see!)
One Moment in Time: "You're winner for lifetime. If you sneezed (seized) that one moment in time..."
(Hachooo!)
Sometimes When We Touch: "I wanna hold you... till the pyramids (fear in me) subsides..."
It's a Heartache: "It's a hard egg (heartache)..."
That's What Friends Are For: "In good times and bed (bad) times. I'll be on your side forever more. That's what friends, of course (are for)..."
(Classic ito!)
Damned: "Your devious ways, you do the work of the dark forces in the world... and you breed them (you're evil). Oh yes, you are... Dan (Damned)!... How could I ever want you for my man?"
(A... Tungkol pala kay Dan ito!)
Plush: "When the dogs do find her. Got time, time, to wait for tomorrow. Chupa me (To find it), chupa me, chupa me..."
(Ang bastush!)
I Don't Wanna Wait: "Wanna wanna (I don't wanna) wait for our lives to over (be) over..."
Kiss Me: "Kiss me, my bra is hanging tight (upon it's hanging tire )... You wear no shoes and I will wear no (that) dress..."
Di pa yan natatapos diyan: "Kiss me beneath the milky twilight. Lead me out on the moonlit floor. Lift your pubic hair (open hand). Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon sparkling..."
(Josko! Ganun ba ka-bastos ang kantang ito?!)
5, 6, 7, 8: "My boobs boobs (boot scooting) baby is driving me crazy..."
(One more time! "My boobs boobs baby is driving me crazy!")
It's Raining Men: "It's raining men! Allelujah! It's raining men! Gay men (Amen)..."
Just Can't Get Enough: "I just can't get it up (get enough)... I just can't get it up..."
(No wonder someone thought this song was about "impotence"!)
Tell Me Your Name: "Tell me your name, your first name (you're lovely), your family name (please tell me your name)..."
Diary: "I found your daddy (diary) underneath a tree..."
(Oh my god!)

To end this, I have to put this one in its entirety:
Ah, i remember this one time... I was buying something, the girl infront of me began singing Celine Dion's All Coming Back To Me...
"Baby, baby, babeeee..."
Wow, ganda ng boses...
"It's something like this. If it's something like that...."
Wow! Labo... If it's something like what ba??? Hehe...
(That is, "If I kiss you like this... And if you whisper like that")

-- end --