Thursday, March 31, 2005

Life in the 60's

Months ago, I have downloaded a collection of 60's music. I love every single one of them! From The Drifters' 1960 hit "Save the Last Dance for Me", Neil Sedaka's 1962 hit "Breaking Up is Hard to Do" and Ray Charles's "You Don't Know Me", Lesley Gore's "You Don't Own Me" in 1964, Tammi Terrell and Marvin Gaye's "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" in 1968, to the Supremes and Temptations' "Im Gonna Make You Love Me" in 1969. I believe that the 60's is one of the best decades that came out with great hits in music.

Three weeks ago, "American Dreams" Season One premiered on EtC (Thursdays at 8:00 PM). It was about a family living in the 60's in the US. It may be about the American life then but I found it interesting. It was a booming era since most of the world had just recovered from the 40's war era. It was also before the Flower Power decade of the 70's which was about self-expression and rebellion.

It made me think of how life was here in the Philippines during that time. If I'd a choice to choose an era to live, I'd definitely choose to be in the 60's...