Saturday, March 19, 2005

"A Series of Unfortunate Events"

Around afternoon, dad sent me a message saying that he hit a Revo and was asking for 10k for damages. I could almost burst into tears thinking where in God's hands would we be getting such amount of money. Dad's savings wouldn't be even enough to get us by in a month or two.

Somehow, I felt taken advantage of. For sure, these people who owned the Revo are rich and how could they ask for such amount when the damage is not huge? If I know, it's their bruised ego that they are worried about and not the damage!

I told dad that I could withdraw my savings but my account would be close if I'd do so. Besides, it's the only money I got. In the end, dad asked his friend, Fred, to lend him the money. Fortuantely, he did. So, now, we're 10k more in debt...

*****

Aside from the above mentioned incident, for days now, I feel like crying. First, t'was because of the pressure and anxiety that I felt before the
interview. (Actually, I just took the exams. The dreaded day would be happening by Tuesday once I get the results of the exams.)

Second, Angel is ill and I feel so bad about it. She was not her usual bubbly self. Every night, her temperature rises up. During the day, she's weak and couldn't eat much. She has bad colds so he couldn't breathe well. Moreso, she has diarrhea that makes her dehydrated. Her lips are so dried that it bled last night. We couldn't even force her to drink her oral hydrite solution to make up for the loss water and salts in her body.

I couldn't take seeing her like this. It breaks my heart. She has been diagnosed with pneumonia a few months back and I'm scared that the sickness might be back. I've been having this horrid thoughts in my mind that, God forbids, I wouldn't see her grow up.

Tonight, dad decided to bring her to the hospital for check-up since she has been ill for a week now. The findings were amoebiasis and UTI. She's only two and she's been dealing with these kind of illnesses already. It pains me to see her feeling so bad. If only I could take away her pain, I would...

If I Could
by Ron Miller, Ken Hirsch & Marti Sharron

If I could
I'd protect you from the sadness in your eyes
Give you courage in a world of compromise
Yes, I would

If I could
I would teach you all the things I've never learned
And I'd help you cross the bridges that I've burned
Yes, I would

If I could
I would try to shield your innocence from time
But the part of life I gave you isn't mine
I've watched you grow, so I could let you go

If I could
I would help you make it through the hungry years
But I know that I could never cry your tears
But I would
If I could

Yes, if I live
In a time and place where you don't want to be
You don't have to walk along this road with me
My yesterday won't have to be your way

If I knew
I would try to change the world I brought you to
And there isn't very much that I could do
But I would
If I could

****

Than-than told me that "something" happened with him and his guy last night. I know that it would happen soon but I didn't realize that it would be this soon. I was quite stunned so my immediate response was asked him how was he towards him today. He didn't reply on that one because he was very much concern with the feeling of pain he has in his behind 'till now. It turned out that the guy didn't use any lubrication because according to Than-than, they were "unprepared" and it was "sudden". I told him that it isn't an excuse. He could always postpone the sex for the meantime 'till they get all the things they needed.

I know I've said that I should let Than-than experience all the things he needed to experience but I can't help but feel concern about him. For guys, sex isn't a big thing. It would always be part of the first or second date. What I'm afraid, though, is what happens after sex. I feel that he is really into the guy and if the guy only wanted sex, he would be devastated. Of course, I'd be hurt for him. I was just wishing, at the back of mind, that this guy is the one and not just someone who would play around with people's feelings...

*****

Now, it's Ginger. She feels chills in her body and she probably has fever already. Nahawa na siguro kay Angel. All the while I thought it would be who would catch since I was feeling groggy earlier...

*****