Tuesday, March 01, 2005

"Beautiful Soul"

I've been sick since Saturday and I'm glad that I'm feeling well already. Sleeping soooo late 'cause of downloading MP3s had really took its toll on me. Today, I was able to take a bath, as well, which I have been wanting to do since Saturday. Man, did I really stink or what?! Even I, myself, couldn't stand my own scent when I get to realized it. So the moment I recovered from the fever, taking a bath was my first goal. A really long bath, I took! I scrubbed every inch of my body just so I could get rid of the dirt and smell. It was such a heavenly feeling! Oh, wow! Never thought that taking a bath could feel that good! Hehehe.

Anyway, on to some random thoughts:

1. For days now, I've been wanting to see some Barbra Streisand movies that I've not seen. This inclination was brought about the downloading of her songs that I've done during the past few days. Luckily, I chanced upon seeing "Funny Girl" in Cinemax today. T'was good but I won't be looking forward to seeing it again in the near future. I just didn't get the point of the film the way I didn't understand "The Way We Were". I'm not sure if I have to see them again to fully understand them. I didn't get it why Ally McBeal dreamt of having her Omar Shariff(when Omar Shariff is oh-so-icky!) or how the SATC girls drooled over the end when Barbra gave here goodbyes to Robert Redford. I guess, Barbra is a woman who talks about "womanly" issues that only women could understand.

One thing I don't like much in Barbra movies (or with Barbra herself) is when she dumps all her insecurities on us. You were teased when you were a child for having such a big nose. Okay. People around you told that you were ugly. Fine. But grow up already! It's endearing at first to hear someone talk about their insecurities but then, if you get to hear them often, they become irritating. Besides, she isn't the same Barbra as she was before. In fact, if ever she was seen as ugly before, she isn't anymore! How could she say that she can't sing the words "I am beautiful..." because people might laugh at her when she was looking so pomped-up and gorgeous? She didn't look so typical of a woman in "Funny Girl" the way Nia Bordalos looked in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". Plus, if you're rich and famous, who needs insecurities anyway?

2. This Hailey character in "One Tree Hill" is ugly! Okay, ugly may be such a strong word. Let's just say that she's unattractive. If the character was designed ala Joey Potter who was simple yet charming, she loses on both counts! Mas maarte pa siya kay Joey and she isn't charming at all! Thank her lucky stars that she got Nathan! Anyway, check out the series for Chad Michael Murray (of "A Cinderella Story") and James Lafferty!

3. I have my eye on Anthony "Miracle Boy" Federov of American Idol 4. Biboy calls him a "loser". I don't exactly know why. I know that he has a thing for geeky guys and is Anthony not geeky enough for him? Anyway, I don't care. If a loser looks and sounds as good as him, I'd take him anytime! *wink wink*

4. Oh, I saw "Cheats" today on HBO. My my my, Trevor Fehrman is one hottie babe! One beautiful creature! Yum yum yum!

5. By the way, Trevor's character was named (appropriately) "Handsome Davies". I wonder what parent would have the guts to name their child Handsome? Would they be so sure that their child would grow up to be a quite a looker? What if he didn't? Kawawa naman 'yung bata. Magiging tampulan ng tukso. But what is he was really a sight to look at? Then, wouldn't it sound too conceited for him? Hay... Pakialam ko ba, di ba? I have yet to meet someone who's name is Handsome or Beautiful. O di ba, pag Beautiful name niya, theme song na niya 'yung "Beautiful" ni Christina Aguilera! Maganda man siya o hindi, sobrang appropriate yung kanta! Hehehe...

6. One guy who's to be named Handsome or Beautiful is "Manhunt's" winner Jon Jonsson. Heck, he was even described as more beautiful asMarisa Flores, the model, by the judges! Jon is now enjoying himself as a model yet he still gets to write personal thoughts in his blog.

7. Know this song called "Beautiful Soul" be Jesse McCartney? What the fuck is that song all about?! Who actually listens to that song or sings that song to someone? It's chorus goes this way:

I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul

Translation:

I want someone who's ugly
Because I have been hurt by the beautiful ones
Yes, you're ugly but I don't care
I love you for your beautiful soul

Wouldn't one be insulted when one sings that song to him/her? Beautiful soul ka riyan! Who would want to be treated as such? What I know is, a beautiful soul brings out a beautiful image of the person. So sana naman, walang nagpaloko sa kanta na 'to! Naman naman naman!